Thursday, May 11, 2006

Funny Story

I was sitting around bored out of my mind the other day and thought of something funny that happened to me that I would like to share.

One day I was helping a friend of mine on his farm when one of his dads friends came to lend a hand. I had never met this person before but had heard alot about him. He's a Vietnam vet and spent most of his adult life out west ( Arizona, New Mexico) driving cattle. In the early eighties he moved here to get married and start his own farm. Now, with this in mind, when he showed up to help us we anxiously awaited hearing some kind of funny story that he is well known for telling. When we finished our work we stood around and talked for a few minutes. Then things fell akwardly quite. So, hoping that I could start a conversation, I asked " Do you think it'll rain?"
Without missing a beat, he looked me dead in the eye and said" Well, have you ever seen it cloud up and shit?" Not quite the response I was looking for but it was funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home