Tuesday, June 21, 2005

What's Wrong with Second Best

For those of you who don't know CPT PYRO is a good friend of mine. We have been friends for about 8 or 9 years. CPT PYRO is a gadget whore. He has to have the best of everything on the market or he will go into convulsions and DIE. Seriously, he really does have the best of everything that he wants. If something new and exciting comes out on the market he'll run out and get it, regardless of the product. The problem is that new stuff comes out everyday. By the time he buys something new there's something else new to replace it. Being the good friend that I am, to help him pay for his "I-might-be-stuck-in-the-past-phobia"(fear of not having something new) I purchase the item that he is replacing. After all, when he bought it, it was the best. By the time that I buy it, it's still second or third best. So I say what the hell. Don't get me wrong, I love technology, but I can't afford the best at the time, I'll do just fine with the best of yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home