Saturday, June 25, 2005

The King of Rock, the Army, and the Sherman Tank

Today, my friend CPT PYRO and I went to town to kill some time. On our way through town we noticed a cut out of Elvis Presley outside a local music store. The cut out had him in his army uniform. We started talking about him and the career he had before he joined the army and how joining the army showed a lot of courage. To me, for this man to stop in the middle of his fame and join the military is truly heroic. He was already rich and famous and had a lot to lose. This is what we need more of in todays world. For those of you who don't know, CPT PYRO and myself were and are in the military. This is why we find this subject more serious than most. When you see someone rich and famous ready to lose it all to serve his or her country it makes you feel good knowing that they're not doing it for the benefits, they are doing it because it's the right thing to do. If you read my blog on a regular basis you'll see that this is the most serious one that I have ever done. So to keep on with my comedic style I decided to let ya'll in on the rest of the conversation.
We was talking about how it would've been to be his drill instructor. I thought that it would've sucked, every time you yell at him or curse him, you'd be afraid he would sue you. Cpt PYRO thought different about the subject. He guessed that it would've been worse to be Elvis. You know every time that he did something the D.I. would've been right there making him the King of the Push-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home